Tuesday, January 30, 2007

open letter

An open letter
To Alcohol

January 29, 2007


Dear Alcohol,

I would like to thank you for all of the great times you have helped me to have over the years. You have been there when I was down, when I hurt, and when I wanted to have a good time. From the first time you touched my lips I knew that we were meant for each other.

From the Jager that I had at that hockey tournament, to the vodka I had at my friend’s house before the Michigan game. You have helped me have some of the best times of my life. Over the years you have showed me how you can hurt me by giving me bad hangovers, stupidity, and vomiting. All those things are bad, but I am glad that they happened to me. They opened my eyes to what life could be like and you helped me to make new friends and get into new situations that I wouldn’t have if it weren’t for you.

Although you have given some bad experiences you have helped me get thorough the boring nights where there was nothing else better to do. I am truly grateful when I say thank you for all of the things you have done for me. You were there when I needed you. I was there when you needed me. Things are just getting out of hand.

This is why I am sad to say were through. Some time in the future you may get back into my life, like in college or when I am of age, but until then I am done with you. I hate you, but not really. Although you are the ruin or demise for some people you help me to unleash my inner self that people don’t normally see. So I am going to put you back on the shelf for a few, I am going to let some other people pass you around and have the fun for awhile. Thank you for everything again I love you I hope we meet again one day in the somewhat near future.


Thanks, Bro,
Max Trowbridge

2 comments:

T-rish said...

I think this is deep Shrek. I can't believe this illegal substance is soo important to you. Why would you get yourself involved with this. Don't you know it is illegal to drink when your not 21. haha. Ok, i'm pretty much done harping on you now. I think this piece of writing is good. You put a lot of thought into it. NICE!

Anonymous said...

im glad she was good to you.